The protection of the privacy of our users is of utmost importance to us.
Who processes your personal data ?
You can provide us personal data at different times. For example when you perform a search or an inquiry about an event or training program, we need to know the following information :
name, address, phone number, e-mail and if you are an Organizer, billing information and bank references. You can also send us personal data at other times, such as when you register on the Site. You will be told if the information requested is obligatory or optional.
Use of your personal data
The main purpose of personal data is to provide the services you request and those that will optimize your use of our website. You consent to our using your personal data for the following purposes :
- for services or assistance you require,
- to contact you promptly if there is a problem with a User or for update purposes
- to send other messages included in the service we provide on the Site,
- to customize, measure and improve our services, contents and advertising,
- to promote the services related to our site and those of our partners,
- to check the accuracy of the information and check with a third party
- to prevent activities that we think are potentially illegal, and
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to respond to lawful requests for information, in accordance with our regulations or to meet the claims of third parties regarding the violation of their rights in respect to advertisements or other content. Such information will be disclosed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share our information with :
- One of our partners only if you have requested their services or asked that they send you the information,
- A third party implementing services on our behalf and who has agreed to keep your information confidential (eg secure processing of your payment card by the BNP-Paribas Mercanet system and the establishment of an online survey),
- The authorities in response to a verification request for a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, provided that they supply a decision or a court order or other similar procedure except when we believe in good faith that disclosure of information is necessary to prevent injury, financial loss or to report an illegal activity,
- Other companies or business entities if we merge or are bought by them.
As a member of the Doctorama.com site, you will receive newsletters which are part of the services we provide. From time to time, we, or our partner sites, may send information newsletters with the aim of improving the services we provide or offer. Users can at any time, choose to stop receiving these newsletters.
Surveys are another way for us to gather information about our users. We may ask users their opinions to evaluate new features and services to improve the Site. You are completely free to accept or not to respond to these surveys.
How do we protect the personal data you have entrusted us with ?
We take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against any unauthorized or unlawful processing and against any damage or accidental loss or destruction. Although no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by our Site reduce the risk of security incident at a level appropriate and proportionate to the nature of data involved. We have implemented security systems to protect our user databases and access to databases is restricted internally. Nevertheless, it is the responsibility of each user :
- To protect against unauthorized access to your Site,
- To ensure that no one else uses the Site while the computer the user is connected to the Site service,
- To disconnect from the Site when not in use, and
- when it is in use, to keep your password or other access information secrets.
We do not store credit card numbers or other information relating to this method of payment on any server. Credit card payment management is entrusted to the secure BNP-Paribas Mercanet system.
Despite the measures that we and our partners take to secure the information entrusted to us, it is possible that third parties unlawfully intercept or access the private data or transmissions. We can therefore not guarantee that your personal information or your private communication will be maintained confidential at all times.
What is a Cookie or a Pixel Tag and why do we use them ?
We echange anonymous information about the use of site p with one or more external auditors in order to obtain statistical information. To do this, some of the pages you visit on our Site use electronic images placed in the web page code called pixel tags that have similar goals to those of cookies.
Pixel Tags can be used to evaluate the type of navigation of users from one page to another in order to improve traffic.
Phishing and false e-mails
If you receive an unsolicited email claiming it is from us or from one of our members asking for personal information such as numbers of your password, credit card or login details or asking you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, there is a good chance that this email was sent by someone attempting to fraudulently obtain your data. This type of e-mail is sometimes called " phisher " or " spoofer ". We do not ask for such information by e-mail or phone. Do not provide the required information and do not click on the links. If you do click on such a link, this will not affect your account or the information you have provided to the site but the sender of the email may have access to your data if you respond.
How can I access, correct or update my information ?
In accordance with Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, you have the right to access, correct and/or update the information provided. This can be done as follows :
1. you can send a request through our contact form http://www.doctorama.com/en/contact.htm
2. send a request by mail to: Doctorama
How can I stop receiving marketing communications ? You may request not to receive marketing communications in the following ways:
1. Contact us through our contact form http://www.doctorama.com/en/contact.htm
2. Use the "cancellation" function in the email received
3. Send your request by mail to Doctorama
How long do we keep your personal data ?
How can I contact you ?