Medical congress, paramedic, health ...
Announce in this typology all events bringing together people discussing common issues.
Congress etymology :
From Latin congressum, the past participle of congredi 'to go or come together', itself from con- + gradi 'to go or step'.
Congress définition :
congress (plural congresses)
1. (archaic) A coming-together of two or more people; a meeting.
2. A formal gathering or assembly; a conference held to discuss or decide on a specific question.
3. (often capitalized: Congress) A legislative body of a state, originally the bicameral legislature of the United States of America.
4. An association, especially one consisting of other associations or representatives of interest groups.
The National Congress of American Indians
5. Sexual intercourse.
6. A collective noun for a group of baboons.
Congress synonyms :
- (collective noun for a group of baboons) flange
- (legislative body) assembly, legislature, parliament
- (association) federation
Colloquy usage notes :
Congress is an alternative name for a large national or international academic conference.
For instance, the World Congress on Men's Health WCMH is an annual meeting on men's medical issues.
Congress references :